The Quilt Shop
The Quilt Shop is committed to ensuring your privacy is safeguarded. If your have any concerns are comments, please contact me using the information below.
Mrs Sue Ross, The Quilt Shop, Unit 4, Grandstand Services, Fairmoor, NE61 3JN
Phone: +44 01670511027 .
This privacy notice provides you with details of how we collect, store and process your data. All your personal information will be handled in line with the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2016.
The privacy and handling of data that identifies living individuals is important to us. We will be acting in the capacity of data controller and data processor. It is important that the data we hold is accurate and up to date so if any information you have provided changes then please update us using the email address shown below.
We will respond to your request confirming your data has been amended. As a sole trader I will operate as the Data Protection Officer.
2. Data Collected
• Contact details – We ask you to provide your name and address only if you wish to receive from us our twice-yearly class list. By completing our contact form, you are giving us the proof of consent the law now requires us to have in order to send you information. If you no longer wish to receive the class list, please contact me at the details shown at the start of the notice and I will amend our records and confirm to you this has been done.
• Sensitive information. We do not collect, store or process sensitive data as defined by the regulation.
3. How we collect data
Direct interaction: Data you provide to us via class list signup form, email, letter, phone call.
4. How we process collected data
Your data will only be processed when there is a lawful reason to do so.
To receive our class information mailing list, we will only ask for your name and address. We will use this information to send you a calendar of forthcoming classes, usually twice yearly.
Your information is never revealed, sold, or made public for any reason. We will not disclose your information to a third party unless we are required to do so for a legitimate business reason i.e. banking/accounting.
We have determined that our main lawful reasons will be:
• in order to meet the obligations of the contract that exists between us when you make a purchase
• where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation
• for our legitimate interests
• we have explicit consent.
We will only process your data under one of the lawful bases listed above. The data provided will be held by The Quilt Shop on a computer system which is only accessed by Sue Ross.
Third party data processors:
Additional data processors include: Wix.com – a fully GDPR compliant company providing my website and mail.com maintaining the
5. Your Legal Rights
You have various rights under GDPR including the right to rectification and erasure of any data we hold. You have the right to lodge a complaint with the UK supervisory authority, which is the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
If you are unhappy about any aspect of how we handle your personal data or the application of your rights, then please contact us in the first instance.
The ICO contact details can be found at
You can see more about these rights at:
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please email us at the email address in section 1 of this document.
6. Disclosures of your personal data
We may have to share your personal data with the parties set out below for the purposes set out in paragraph 4 above:
• Professional advisers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers who provide consultancy, banking, legal, insurance and accounting services.
• HM Revenue & Customs, regulators and other authorities based in the United Kingdom and other relevant jurisdictions who require reporting of processing activities in certain circumstances.
• Additional data processors as identified in paragraph 4 above.
We require all processors and third parties to whom we transfer your data to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We only allow such third parties to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
7. Data Security
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those third parties who have a business need to know such data. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
8. Data Retention
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
The purpose of our website is to share information on quilting and sewing. Please respect our copyright and do not copy or sell on the information without the express written permission of this site.
This site does not guarantee that the use or performance of this website will be timely, uninterrupted or free of error, or that this website or its server will be free of viruses, although every effort is made to ensure that the website is secure.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.